We were reminded today when we got “spammed” by email marketing why this post is so well timed. Email marketing is a very effective way to stay in touch with your clientele and readership but only if you do it the right way and in a way that’s not intrusive to others. We want to clarify that this post is not written in a way to say our way is the right way but there are definitely some important basic concepts that will be shared that can benefit those that want to embark or change their email marketing
- Promote on social media that you have an email marketing campaign to your followers
- Have ways and reasons as to why others should sign up to receive your emails on your website.
- Share relevant information that your readership would want to learn more about.
- Offers specials (if applicable) to your readers… i.e. discounts on services etc.
- Provide links to relevant articles and blogs in the content of your emails
- Highlight one or more client per month by discussing their services and ways to contact them.
- Provide video to help drive home the information.
- Above and beyond everything, DON”T subscribe individuals to your email campaign without their permission.
- Oversaturate your readership with a ton of emails with no purpose
- Repeat information more than once.
- Write a novel.
- Self promote, self promote and only self promote.
Benefits of Email Marketing
- Reduced Time and Effort – after you design email templates that match your brand, it’s easy to put together a plan on how to effectively manipulate it. You don’t ever need stamps, envelopes or have to take trips to the post office either.
- Personalized Messages – if individuals subscribe to your email it means they want to be there. With emails campaigns you can send it directly to them by using their name and email address. If you stay consistent with your content then it will always be personalized to them too.
- Real Time Delivery – It’s faster than the post office with messages being received within seconds.
- Reduce Overhead Costs – Other than minimal fees to have your templates professionally designed, the cost to run campaigns is basically free unless you hire someone to handle them for you.
- Save The Planet – As a company that believes and practices sustainability their is no need for paper and it drastically reduces the carbon footprint by not using the post office to deliver your mail.
Again this post was written as an informational post which we hope gives you some insights on why email marketing could be good for your business. Email marketing just like anything else should be engineered with a plan and purpose before engaging in it. In conclusion and probably the most important thing to remember is just because someone gives your their business card or email address doesn’t mean they want to be subscribed to your campaign. Ask first then add them if they agree to it.