For many of us, March signifies the start of swimming pool season, which is always a great time of year. It is the time where swimming pool owners begin thinking about pool parties, relaxing dips in the pool, BBQ’s and much warmer temperatures. This is also the time where we get asked, “should I start doing something with my swimming pool to get prepared for swim season?” The simple answer is yes and we hope this blog post gives you some tips on what you can do to make it simple and easy.
First and foremost, we recommend hiring a reputable swimming pool company to come in and do a thorough inspection of the swimming pool. Familiarize yourself with the following steps as they are going to be key to making sure your swimming pool is ready:
- Check the plumbing and all equipment for leaks (If you have any bubbling or even a small leak should be fixed immediately to prevent problems down the line).
- Check the swimming pool for leaks (most of the country is having severe drought issues so this is extremely important and you might need a different company to help out with this).
- Check water chemistry to make sure you have optimal levels of chlorine (this should increase as water temperature increases), calcium hardness, CYA, phosphates, and pH.
- Check the motor, pumps, and filters to make sure they are running properly, o-rings are lubed and gaskets are sealed. Depending on what type of filter you have, it might be necessary to have it taken apart and cleaned as well in preparation for more use.
- Increase running times of the pump and motor.
Depending on your comfort level, this might also be an optimal time to look into hiring a reputable swimming pool company that can service your pool weekly so you can enjoy it without any hassles.
Pool Services Technologies prides itself on providing all the services you would need to maintain a perfect pool. We feel confident that whenever there is a problem we will always have the answer. We strive to have the best customer service, the lowest prices for swimming pool supplies and equipment on our eCommerce site. We also offer weekly service and maintenance which can make your job of owning a pool a lot easier. Finally, we also offer our “puripool” process which will save you time and money as well as allow you to swim in the best quality of water.
Remember, if you have any questions on how to maintain your swimming pool, feel free to ask as we are always here for you!